Saturday, March 28, 2009

Thoughts on writing

I was browsing through some of my files over at mum's laptop. I checked the folder which has all my essays in it, and after I've read all of them, I thought, wow - these were written two years ago, at my sixteenth year, but they were written well. Better, even, than the way I write now.

Actually, I haven't written anything serious since I stepped into college; all my immortalized thoughts were my ramblings (which I publicize through this blog). I haven't written anything about the Filipino culture, about the ideology of things, about philosophical ruminations, since I graduated. And this makes me disappointed with myself, as essays such as those that I've mentioned are really fun to read (it's nice to see how my thoughts formed in the progress of time).

Since I've got lots of time in my hands this summer, I'm going to try to write every single day, not only for the sake of saving my talent, but also to make me a smarter, more well-rounded person. It's amazing how writing can make you think hard and, in the process, make you more intelligent.

1 comment:

Ishna Probinsyana said...

I think the stuffs I wrote when i was younger are better. :-/ haha.

Writing is love. :)

And hey, you're updating this again! cool!

I miss Blogger

I miss writing. And I obviously am not as good a writer now as I was before because of my laziness. I have a harder time detailing my ideas,...