Saturday, May 15, 2010

Platonic Affection


An amusing thing about my friends and I is that we’re never affectionate.

I know how some girls frequently say “I love you” to their girl friends, plus give them long hugs and some sweet words. They may kid around every once in a while, but you could still feel that atmosphere of love around them.

This applies minimally to my clique. Since we’re birds of a feather, it translates to one thing: we’re very palengkera. We’re loud, barbaric, shameless, and a tad bit uncivilized (which, occasionally, makes me very embarrassed to be with them). We laugh all the time, and we’re very sneaky and street-smart. You may think I’m exaggerating - yes, we do conform to society’s rules, but we put a twist to it. Which, as I pointed out, makes us a bit uncivilized.

You may sense an air of affection around us - but not without sensing the air of clownishness first. See, we won’t hug one another unless it’s time to go home, and we rarely say “I love you” to one another. Both things, if done at random moments, make us laugh and cringe. We started out as a manly group of girls, and we’re still that bro towards one another.

But it’s pretty obvious that they’re going to be my friends for life.

Photo by Tine Cruz.

6 comments:

Aryan said...

dalaga na si kring! hahahha! :) wala lang!! i like the picture!! :D and the profile pic, too!! prettyyyyy!

Ysh ♥ said...

Ang ganda naman ng picture! :D

Me and my closest friends aren't too affectionate too. We are, pero sakto lang! Hahah. Basta ganooon. :)

Anonymous said...

Super nakakarelate ako sa entry mo! Ganito din kasi kami ng friends ko e and I do hope na friends for life na nga talaga. :)

Anonymous said...

By the way, I'm one of your followers! I love your blog. :D

kikilabotz said...

:d ng kyut kyut kyut..

Ninin said...

Hi Kring! Hahaha! You are not alone with being "unaffectionate" with your friends! We are too! We even find it extremely awkward when we have to give each other kisses on the cheek at bdays or xmas, etc.

I think it's just how it is with people we realllly value. I mean, I be so affectionate with classmates, etc but I can never be like that with my best friends; or my closest cousins. Weird right? lol!

I'm glad you've found your best friends. They will really be your greatest treasures!

Btw, love love your profile pic! You look sooooooo pretty!

I miss Blogger

I miss writing. And I obviously am not as good a writer now as I was before because of my laziness. I have a harder time detailing my ideas,...