Monday, November 26, 2007

Media all day



I'm so missing the Spice Girls. I miss them so much! They've been part of my childhood, and I remember being crazy about them, memorizing their songs by heart and begging my mum to buy different Spice Girls merchandise. I was probably their biggest fan ten years ago, so imagine my pain when Geri left the group. Ah well. Life goes on.

BTW, I was watching some of their music videos when I encountered "2 Become 1" Alright, I knew from the start that the song's message is a bit dir-tay. Haha. I kinda sniggered when Baby Spice sang this line:

"Be a little bit wiser baby, put it on, put it on. Coz tonight is the night when two become one."

I was like... 0_O eh? What the ef? And when I was a kid I used to sing that song a lot. Man, you just gotta love the Spice Girls. And another: just now I'm beginning to think that Mel B. (or Scary Spice) was the most beautiful among them. Really, watch some of their videos and you'll know I'm making some sense. But of course, that was about ten years ago, and you know how time changes people.


Spice Girls: then and now.

And if they're ever going to have a concert here in the Philippines, I am so gonna buy a ticket.

(Oh, and yeah! My favorite Spice Girl back then was Mel C., or Sporty Spice. The tomboyish one. Just sharing. ^_^)

---

You know what movie it is that I'm so looking forward to watch?




BATANES!!! Come on, that's Ken Zhu. :D

I want to watch this... so badly! I think it's... argh! Words cannot explain my excitement! I'm going to watch Batanes in the movie theatres and buy a pirated DVD after! I feel that this is one of the films that I'm going to love, seriously.

TRAILER!

(Wait, I'm a bit confused. What is it, really? Ken Zhu or Ken Chu? Or can it be both? Oh, whatever.)

If you're a sucker for romantic films (or if you haven't gotten over the F4 fever o_O), then Batanes is the movie for you. It'll be shown in December 5 in theaters everywhere! Until then, I can't waiiiit!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny, kakapanood ko lang ng video nilang bago. Haha. Headlines ata. Lol. Dati, I was also a fan of this group. I even had shirts :)) Hahaha. Pero naget-over ko na. :D

In fairness, gusto ko yung 2 become 1 :)) Kahit na nga dirty:D Have you listen to the Paul Gilbert's version of the song? :D Ay, I love:D

Anonymous said...

Oh, spice girls reminds me of the good old days. And like you I missed them so much.

Anonymous said...

spice girls. i love them to death! :) i was a super fan din before, and in my case i had to beg my dad naman. i even cried when he didnt want to watch the movie with me so ayun napilitan siya. tapos lahat ng merchandise din, pinapabili ko. ultimo wrapper ng lollipop nila ay tinatago ko pa. haha. remember those? aaah those were the days. haha.

favorite ko si baby spice noon. i really do hope they have a concert here in the phils. but i dont think they'll be as good as they were though. but still, spice girls parin. woohoo! :)

Jill said...

hahaha we were obsessseddd! haha baby spice foreverrrr. XD

I remember you with the "kicking sporty spice pose" in several photos xp

Swexie said...

waaah! nakikiraan lang.. hehe.. i'm also a fan, and i was kinda shocked to see their video @ myx.. everybody seems to be having a "comeback" these days... lol!

ahehehe favorite ko sila lahat!

Anonymous said...

wth mel b is effin fat! sya ba yun? hahaha. wala backstreetboys ako eh HAHAHAH

__gee

Anonymous said...

dang..i'm gonna go see this film!

yihee!

sorry for the late update sis!^_^

kinda missed it here!

I miss Blogger

I miss writing. And I obviously am not as good a writer now as I was before because of my laziness. I have a harder time detailing my ideas,...