Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Bend in the road

I do not not post because I'm lazy, but because I've been too busy. *cries* I had - and still have - to go to Katipunan to take care of my transfer.

By the way, I passed UP (Speech Comm), but I chose AdMU anyway. And yesterday I was on the brink of changing my mind 'coz mum told me that dad was talking to himself when he saw the tuition fee of AdMU ("...Sa UP nalang kaya si Kring?"). I feel really bad that, compared to when I was in Miriam, he has to pay a whole lot more, and not to mention my brothers' tuition fee also increased a lot (it's now 60K+ for Bryan, 70K+ for Kyle).

I chose AdMU as I thought my parents would prefer me to be there than to be in UP. Besides, I've chosen the courses I wanted in both schools, so whichever university I go to is fine with me; it's up for my parents to decide. So they told me that AdMU is better as I had a better course there and that some of the subjects I've taken in Miriam will be credited in the university. But thinking of the finances... I just feel bad that they have to pay a lot. And to compare the tuition fee with that of UP's - they would've been able to save the finances for some other important things.

Another one of the factors of why I chose to be in AdMU is because of my paternal relatives. Before, when they asked me the course I have chosen in UP, they commented that the courses were "not good", or in Filipino - "pangit" so I asked myself whether or not it really was a bad course, and of where I will be heading when I graduate with that degree. When they asked me my courses in AdMU, they told me, "Ano ba 'yang courses mo, Kring" as they didn't know what the course descriptions were. Taking into consideration what my parents told me, I decided that yes, it would be better if I studied in AdMU - atleast these people can't say that I've made a mistake (and make me feel bad or stupid) because I chose to study in UP with a course that's "not good"

Well, that was before.

Last Sunday when my relatives found out that I passed in both universities and that I chose to be in AdMU, they again asked the course I applied for in UP. When I told them "Speech Comm" they suddenly told me, "Hey, that's a nice course!" A big WTF. With that - and with dad talking to himself last Sunday night- I started questioning whether it was a mistake to apply in AdMU.

But this is the university I chose to transfer to. I can't turn back now. Heck with the finances - I'll make it up by being in the dean's list. And as to my relatives - another big WTF. I don't want to talk to them about my college life again.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! :)

You were put in Ateneo for a reason and sometimes we just have to have faith. That also goes for our choices and our decisions. Both are good schools so you don't have to worry naman diba. Pero siyempre hindi natin maiiwasan na iba talaga yung impact sa ibang tao kapag scholar ng bayan. :o

Anonymous said...

What course did you apply for in admu?

Congrats! :D

Jill said...

Congratulations!

Haha, I asked Ninang Tet kung ano mas magandang course- Pharmacy or Speech/Language Pathology (para maging speech therapist) and parehong maganda daw. I was kind of hoping she'd help me more, but whatever. I'm going to a college far far away, pero mura and at least nandoon both yung courses that I want, so just in case hindi ko kaya ang pharmacy, I'll transfer.

Take care and I'm really amazingly proud of you, pinsan :)

Bea said...

Congrats, Kring! Sayang, we could've been schoolmates. Hehe. Good thing Ateneo's just a jeep away from UP. We could meet sometime! :)

And like Xty, what's your course? :)

Christine said...

Congrats on passing both schools :D Whatever school you choose doesn't really have to matter to other people. It's where YOU will study, they have nothing to do with it. ;) And I bet you can make it to the dean's list. ;D

Anonymous said...

wow, congrats sis! i heard that it's hard passing the UPCAT there in UP.. :)

Apple said...

Congrats Kring! Bring on the Atenean spirit! HIGH FIVE. Haha. Feeling Atenista daw ako. HAHAHA.

Among all people, you know what's the best for you so, yeah, WTF?!!! LOL.

Congrats Kring :)

Ninin said...

Hi Kring! A huge congratulations! Go Team Blue! haha, feeling atenista. :P

Sabi nga nung friend ko, wag mo ng isipin kung tama ba yung decision mo, the important thing ay nag-decide ka. Stick with it, you'll soon understand why :)

I miss Blogger

I miss writing. And I obviously am not as good a writer now as I was before because of my laziness. I have a harder time detailing my ideas,...