Thursday, April 29, 2010

Befriending

When I was younger, I was very picky with whom to put in my circle of friends. If I find you too weird, too introverted, too cool, even, then you're out. I wanted my friends to be on my 'level', who had the same personality as I did. That way, I wouldn't have a hard time understanding them, and vice versa.

I've changed this way of thinking. Not because I've matured, but because I've experienced being rejected, too. Not super dramatic rejection, okay! :)) There were just times when I felt out of place, because people had standards I couldn't live up to - pretty similar to what I had going on then, when I was picky on whom to befriend.

Although I don't think being choosy is due to immaturity, but about us wanting to find our place in the world. We want to be with people who are like us so that we could observe how they act, think, and feel. This way, we have a better understanding of who we are and what we want.

But now, I find my place in the world by befriending everyone; after all, each and every one of us has something to offer. Why limit ourselves to those whom we could easily relate to when there are many people who could teach us a thing or two? :)

5 comments:

Irae said...

I really like this post. Care if I grab the 3rd paragraph and quote it on my blog? It's sooo ma-psych!! :P TRUE TRUE TRUE!

Ysh ♥ said...

How mature of you, Kring. lol. But seriously, I like this entry. I should start thinking like this too. :D

But you know, sometimes I can't help but be a little picky. =))

chai.latte said...

Nice one Kring. So can we be friends? LOL.

Back to blogging. :)

Aryan said...

like like like!! :)
im friends with everyone..
even with senior citizens i see at the park.. i just regretted it when one fired an indecent proposal.
crazy italians!! haha

go go go kring!

Ninin said...

love this post! whatever inspired you to write it, good job to it/her/him :)

I miss Blogger

I miss writing. And I obviously am not as good a writer now as I was before because of my laziness. I have a harder time detailing my ideas,...