Monday, July 30, 2007

High school all over again

So.

We're required to attend a symposium today.

Monday.

Or else we wouldn't be allowed to have an exposure for our Civic Welfare Training Service.

I've grown accustomed to not having classes every Monday that the thought of it leads to a series of negative ideas: it's going to be a long day, I'm going to have a lengthy week, so on and so forth. I can't help but compare how my week goes when I was in high school, where there are five days of school activities, and now, where four days of school seem to go so fast. Adding an extra day makes it all high school again.

Four years in secondary school wasn't easy; waiting for weekends seemed to take an eternity, with all the activities and sometimes unbearable classmates and teachers. Plus, there is a schedule which covers about one-third of the day, and that wraps up the whole of your weekdays. And when Saturday and Sunday comes, it is the time to make homework, finish projects, race against deadlines, and before you know it, your weekend is gone, and it's back to school again.

Now, college. Everything's a breeze. I only have about three to four subjects a day, with tolerable teachers and great blockmates, not to mention an early dismissal every Wednesday and Friday (1:30 PM). I have all the time in the world to make schoolwork, projects, and whatever else there is. On top of that, I have three days of total bliss, when I can do nothing, absolutely nothing. And now I'm going to have meetings and symposiums every Monday of the month until, what, September? That's preposterous! All right, too strong a word - that's unbelievable! Unimaginable! It's going back to high school, where weekdays are too long and weekends are too short. (insert a big, big, SIGH. >.<) Then again, I should only use The Secret - the law of attraction. Weekdays are short, weekdays are short...

***

8:00 PM

I think I'm about to catch a cold; a portion of my neck hurts and I had a throbbing headache a while ago.

Before going to MC, I felt a strong urge to exercise, so I did - twenty minutes of kickboxing, and twenty minutes of taebo jam after that. And I didn't stop there. After doing taebo, I went to my sauna-like room and did push-ups and sit-ups. So when I got up, my vision was going round in circles, and I badly needed a drink.

Seeing that we didn't have warm water (since I have tonsilitis), I drunk cold water; it felt like a hammer in my throat (you could see that I don't take care of myself well). I took a cold bath after (and to think I was exposed to much heat and perspiration earlier); by this time my head started pounding, and I felt that the only cure for it is some good food. So I ate (drum rolls) -- Century Tuna, Adobo flavor!

While eating, my headache subsided, and the food was so delicious that I completely forgot that I have just exercised (honestly, I really, really forgot that I did taebo), so I had three cups of rice and ate every morsel of the tuna. Only when I was about to brush my teeth that I remembered working out, and I went "O... my... well, this sucks,"

So, off I went, in the blistering heat of the sun, took an FX, and got to school. I set off to the canteen, chatted with my friends, and we went to the Little Theater, the venue of the symposium.

Then the symposium started. I was so bored that I didn't bother paying attention and just listened to my MP3 player (my bad). Then I started to notice - isn't it a bit too cold in here? I wanted to pee; it always happens when I get cold. My friend, Ange, then told me to accompany her to the loo, which with utmost gladness I did.

Outside the Little Theater, I saw gray clouds and drops of water falling from the sky. It was raining. It must be the explanation why it was unbearably hot hours before. Ange and I stayed in the loo for a long time; we didn't want to go back to the cold-cum-boring seminar. And when we got back, the speaker was done; we went to our assigned classroom afterwards, where the excursion of our choice will be discussed.

MMJ 203, 3:00-4:00 PM: I was bored out of my wits; our speaker is mundane, plus her voice is soft. My head started throbbing, my eyes painful. There was no way to get out of the room, so I, again, seeked entertainment through my MP3 and through reading Roxy's girlfriend's sweet messages (Oh, sorry, Rox). A whole hour of nothing, and we were dismissed.

I needed bedrest by the time we were to go home. I couldn't ignore the painful hammering of my head; it was as if a nail was forcing itself through my skull. So, with the cold weather and the equally cold FX, I listened, again, to my MP3 player (what would I be without it?), and endured the traffic and the increasing agony brought by my head.

Because of the road traffic, the trip home was half an hour longer. So I was really excited when the FX was near our subdivision, and when I got home, the first thing I did was - guess what - eat. I wanted hot soup, but the grilled fish compensated.

That's how my Monday went. Nice, isn't it? I just hope that I wouldn't have to endure such in the following Mondays to come.

No comments:

I miss Blogger

I miss writing. And I obviously am not as good a writer now as I was before because of my laziness. I have a harder time detailing my ideas,...