Tuesday, October 09, 2007

My one-month break



Hello, hello, hello semestral break!!!




...Do come in. Do you want coffee or hot tea?^_^


Finally! After five months of hard work, of stress, and of cramming, my big break has finally come. I've been waiting for this moment since last week: it was only then when I realized how much I wanted to take a breather from all the crap college throws at me. The tests, the deadlines, the issues... I had a hard time dealing with a lot of things, considering that I'm adjusting to the new, "un-spoon fed" life thrown to me after graduation.

This is just great. I could finally give my overly maltreated skin a break. I have been breaking out so badly that my face has HUGE, angry pimple scars, whether in the forehead, the cheeks, or the chin. I feel so bad about it that I constantly ask myself why I inherited dad's gene regarding my face (he's got a lot of zits, I tell you).

Now, at college, I still am procrastinating; the finals proved it. It's just hard to study when I'm not hurrying, you know? It's as if I'm absorbing nothing, since my mind keeps saying "Why study now? You've got so much time to do it later," until I finally tell myself, damn it, Kring, why the hell are you studying at such an early time? You'll have more than enough time to do that later. That keeps going over and over until it's about 8:00 in the evening, and I say, damn, it's late at night! And I'm getting sleepy! Until what time could I study my lessons? Up to what part would I finish? Maybe I'll just study the other topics tomorrow morning... Note to self: in order to get to UP and pass UP, you must learn to prioritize.

I'll miss my block mates. Despite all the fire and ice, I'll remember our bond. Yes, there were, and there are still, conflicts going about because of the many incompatible personalities; let's just hope that these will be forgotten at the end of the semestral break. We just can't carry hatred forever, can we? There are more things to be focused on rather than the petty fights and silly irritations we get ourselves into.

Yup, though the semestral break is only for a month, it'll help me clear and clean my mind from all the stress and impurities it got from the first semester. I'll finally stop and take a closer look at everything rather than seeing it only from the corner of my eye, since I have been so busy. Best of all, I could finally, finally, rest my abused body. I'm so tired it affects my writing.

---

Yesterday, I have browsed through the library of Mangadownloads and downloaded Akkan Baby.Ü It's a nice manga: very entertaining, and kind of romantic. It also deals with the issue of (surprise, surprise) teenage pregnancy.

Shigeru (girl) and Yuki (boy) aren't a couple but they do sex often, just for the fun of it. Actually, they aren't aware that doing sex is kind of restricted to couples and are surprised by their friends' reactions ("WHAT?! BOTH OF YOU'RE HAVING SEX?!") They keep going at it, until one day, Shigeru's friends give her a pregnancy test kit, and it went positive.

This is one of my favorite parts of the story (click to expand)...







Aaw, I love it! It's so romantic! Whee~

I'm going to finish the manga today; it's only short, after all.Ü Visit Mangadownloads.com if you want more manga goodness. :)

No comments:

I miss Blogger

I miss writing. And I obviously am not as good a writer now as I was before because of my laziness. I have a harder time detailing my ideas,...