Friday, October 12, 2007

Of faith and other things

I have five huge, angry, pus-filled zits. Two on my forehead, two on my left cheek, one on my chin.

What on earth did I do to deserve this?

(On a cheerful note, mum ordered pizza, pasta, and garlic and cinnamon sticks today. Yum. :))

---

I do think mum and dad are serious about migrating to Australia. If it is so, then I have to prepare myself.

---

I was browsing DeviantArt yesterday to get a picture for my next skin, but I ended up checking the DeviantArt shop. And now, I badly want to buy an oeuvre for my room. There are just too many good artworks to buy!

Here are some of the art I put in my wishlist. Sorry if pixels are big:



R.I.L - Rest In Love by Liester

Squid Drug Fantasy by Bowie-Spawan

Your Favorite Color by suzi9mm

What Your Voice Makes Me Feel by Liester

Ilove by Liester

The Sounds of Escapism by Simanion


Fallen by frail

It's okay. by Duffzilla

Teaparty by trenchmaker

Flutter by by Duffzilla


Addara. by MAiS2 (this has the DeviantArt watermark, but the actual product won't display it)

On a different topic: I take the trike on my subdivision to get home, and yesterday's ride was one of the memorable trike rides I had.

I went to the trike station and got the trike ride of an old man. He is obviously one of the many senior citizens who were still working, and I felt pity for him and decided to give him a whole P20 bill as soon as we reached home. Upon pedaling, the old man looked at me and asked me:

"What's your name?"

I knew that he wanted to start a conversation, so I told him, "Kring"

Then he replied, "Hello, Kring, I'm Eddie," he looked at me and smiled "Kring... have we met before?"

I think we did, although I wasn't sure. I remember, sometime during the first semester, that one of the trike drivers started a conversation with me about how the world was, so I just gave him a small smile and said, "I'm not sure, manong. I don't remember the faces of the trike drivers,"

"Ah..." and he asked, "Kring, what do you think of the world today?" and at that moment, I knew it was him whom I talked to many months ago.

"Um..." I started to think. I'm not really good at such kinds of conversation, but I knew that I would learn something from Eddie. Then I said, "Magulo (in disorder). And the youth today aren't like the youth before."

"How?"

"The youth of today are so reckless and immoral, unlike the generation before, when everyone had their morals and know right from wrong."

"Yes, yes," he nodded, "Nowadays, kids are badly behaved as they follow what they see on TV. They think that what is presented by the media is what is good and what is right. And parents don't reprimand, and there is no one to guide today's children."

True, I thought. My brothers watch WWE and that's where they got their violence. They always wrestle each other for fun.

The rest of the conversation is about the media and its influence on the youth; and our conversation ended like this, "Kring, do you read the Bible?"

I was ashamed to say that I haven't been doing it lately, so I answered, "I read Revelations."

"Ah, but you must read the whole Bible - from Genesis to Revelations - to know what God's message is, as he wants you to come to Him." then I pointed my house. He gave me a magazine and said, "Read that, and I hope that you will not be mislead by the media, and find your way back to God. I hope that magazine will help you in your way." I thanked him and gave him the P20 bill.

I learned something from Eddie, the most striking is that God wants me to come back to Him. Lately, I've been detached to God - my prayers aren't heartfelt anymore, and I could feel that my relationship with Him is weakened by my busy schedule, that I don't have time to talk to Him, and at night, I'm just too tired to truly tell to Him everything I felt. Maybe, I thought, this is a sign from God. Maybe He wants me to talk to Him the way I did before.

Thank you, Eddie. Though you wouldn't read this, I want you to know how thankful I am that you're the trike driver I had yesterday. You're wise, and you're blessed, as God made you His instrument for people to come back to their faith. Please do spread the Message, as you did to me, so that instruments such as you be multiplied. Thank you, Eddie! Take care and God bless!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I love this entry =]

I miss Blogger

I miss writing. And I obviously am not as good a writer now as I was before because of my laziness. I have a harder time detailing my ideas,...