Monday, April 14, 2008

A petty argument

Many of you want to know whether or not the three-day diet worked on me. I actually can't tell - our weighing scale's not working. But mom did lose two pounds (not forgetting the fact that she was actually snacking on fruits in-between the diet). But I have to tell you that these type of diets aren't recommendable as it focuses on quick weight loss rather than safe weight loss. So I think the best you've got to do is eat in moderation and exercise/go into sports. Not only will you lose weight but tone your muscles as well. :)

Anyway, this summer I've been doing nothing but eat, read, play the PS2, and go play badminton with my brother, Bryan. It's nice that I finally have a daily workout, but aside from that, I feel like I'm not that productive. I mean - I'm not learning anything new and not meeting new people. Which is disappointing as summer is the perfect time to, well, have time to do these types of things. But, whatever. I don't know how, but I'll make sure that this summer's going to be a fruitful one.

---

Mum and dad kind of got into a fight last Saturday night. It isn't exactly a "fight" as it was only mum who was angry and dad was just his usual self. It happened like this: mum was stressed 'coz she did lots of things that day and wasn't able to get enough sleep. She sat down in the living room and called for a cab to bring my aunt and cousin at the airport the next day. Then dad comes to the living room and asks her where the change of his money was, mum having enrolled Bryan at Kumon. She said that she used it to buy ice cream for us. Then dad laughed and joked, "Why did you buy ice cream? It isn't your money," and I laughed with him. After all, these types of jokes are very common in our family. But mum didn't laugh, glared at dad, and said, "I have money in my bag, if you want your change then get that" I was surprised with the way she responded, but I was still laughing, and I said, "Mum, it was just a joke" Then she looked at me, gave me a face, then suddenly slammed the receiver to the floor. She then marched to her room. Dad and I were like, what the hell?

I was very alarmed. I knew she was crying at the room. Dad just told me, "Ang pikon ng mommy mo (your mom isn't a sport)" and proceeded to watching TV.

You may think that dad's insensitive to not approach and apologize to mum right away, but he's like that. He wants mum to cool down first before he decides to talk to her. Either that or he just talks to mum about trivial matters the next day, and they become okay again.

Then suddenly mum's plans change. She decides to go to work the next day, Sunday, not go with us to our relatives, and not join us in our game of badminton. I was irritated when I found that out, because mum's starting to hurt us, her children, too. I mean, if she's angry at dad she should not make her children feel as if something's wrong. I wanted to tell her that, but I didn't have the guts to.

Anyway, they're already okay, I think. They talk normally and mum's starting to laugh at dad's jokes again. I just hope I wouldn't see or hear of them fighting like that again. Having a very happy family, that type of scenario's already too much to handle.

---

Dad's going to Hawaii tomorrow. Tomorrow! And he just told us last Friday!

Makes you think that my parents are okay as dad's going to Hawaii tomorrow, right?

I'm very envious of him. I want to go with him -_-

2 comments:

patricia said...

ahh. maybe your mom's just a little stressed :] its cool that the misunderstanding didn't grow bigger :]

btw, ayoko nang magdiet. i tried your diet program and i was an effin loser to even attempt it in the first place. mahina will power ko -_-

Kai Reyes said...

awww. well, at least theyre okay now. so your dad is in hawaii na? for vacation?

ah so that diet is kinda risky ah. hmmmn.

I miss Blogger

I miss writing. And I obviously am not as good a writer now as I was before because of my laziness. I have a harder time detailing my ideas,...