Monday, July 13, 2009

Crossing borders makes you smarter. Fact.


Last month, I read somewhere that trying out new experiences stimulates the brain, therefore making one smarter. Since then I've been facing my fears and trying things which I normally wouldn't do. I have embarrassed myself a couple of times, and others I just found so nerve wracking that I thought I was shaking.

Let me enumerate some of the prominent things I've done just over the course of the last four weeks:

1. Applying for the Ateneo Dance Troupe.

You know, this is something the sane Kring wouldn't do. EVER! I've actually had an interest in dancing for a long time though, but it was only last year that I got to acknowledge that dancing is something I actually enjoy doing. So I applied for CADS (Company of Ateneo Dancers), and man, I SUCKED HARD during the auditions! FAIL PLZ They made us practice a dance for 2 hours, and I was so todo-bigay that by the end of the practice (and the beginning of the judging), I was so worn out that I couldn't move a single muscle -____-

At the judging room... this has got to be one of the most embarrassing moments of my life so far. I just stood in front of the panel, and since I was so drained of energy, my mind went completely blank. Needless to say, I didn't bother knowing whether or not I passed the auditions.

But it's actually surprising 'coz I still feel satisfied. After all, I got to experience the auditions, and the experience was actually the primary if not the only thing I was after. So meh, I lost nothing - except the hundred bucks I paid as the application fee, that is.

2. Applying for Ateneo's literary organ.

I know my strength lies in writing, but not having joined an org for about three years still makes the prospect of being interviewed nerve wracking. Plus, we're talking about the Ateneo here - I know from experience that you couldn't get away with just pleasing and making bola to the profs/interviewers, so I had to prepare myself in more ways than one. Oh, and this actually happened just a while ago. I hope I pass. Photobucket

3. Being shameless (makapal ang mukha).

I have been shameless for a long time now, so much that I fear I may appear to be an attention-seeker. But to hell I'm not! Being shameless actually runs in the Lacson family, hahahaha - no, seriously T_T

Anyway, being shameless takes you a long way in life. If you aren't brazen then you wouldn't get what you want! You only live once, so better achieve what you want to achieve.

Straight to the point: I asked for my crush's number. As in, "Hey, can I get your number?" EPIC WIN PLZ WAHAHAHAHAHA. Apir? Apiiiiir! XD

...So it makes me proud of myself that I'm actually crossing my limits. Hell, who would've thought that stepping out of one's comfort zone is actually... fulfilling? Not only that, in doing so, we get to be smarter, too! x)

P.S. What the hell was I thinking when I decided to put those cute kitty-cat emoticons -___- I'm actually being corny.
P.P.S. That (points to the last kitty-cat smiley) wasn't my expression while I was asking for my crush's number.

5 comments:

Steph said...

You only live once, so better achieve what you want to achieve. --tumagos sa akin Kring! WAHAHAHAH.

OMg!!! Sinong crush yan? Bago na naman? You need to make kwento (Haha, ang conyo LOL)

Ysh ♥ said...

Kring~! OOMG! Kring. I wish I have your shamelessness! =)) My face can be really makapal at times but never with my crushes. =))

Sino yung crush na yun? Yung nasa previous blog mo? Sya baaaaa?

At dun na lang talaga ako nagcomment diba? HAHAHA!

Ninin said...

phew! I am so relieved you didn't look like that kitty icon! hahaha! :)

I'm so proud of you for doing all that you did for the week! you go girl! being gutsy can get you far... or in this case, your crush' number :) WOW. Hands down Kring! galeeeng! I'm too torpe so hearing that you did that makes you my IDOL! woot! :)

Anonymous said...

haha, ganyan din na-experience ko sa pag-audition mo sa dance troupe. ako, sa volleyball naman. twice pa yun - 11th & 12th grade. kahit alam kong talong-talo ako nung ibang mga kasabayan kong talagang nag-vvball. pero ang sarap kasi ng feeling maglaro at isiping sana makapasa kahit sobrang maliit yung chance. LOL

anyways, good job, kring :) it really feels great to step out of our comfort zones and be more daring. keep it up :)

Alex said...

Ang cute naman ng emoticons! =)

Aahh!Kung wala lang girlfriend yung crush ko ngayon.......di ko pa rin kaya gawin yung ginawa mo! Hahah! I salute you! =))


Good luck dun sa literary thingy. Haha! =)

I miss Blogger

I miss writing. And I obviously am not as good a writer now as I was before because of my laziness. I have a harder time detailing my ideas,...