Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A threat to comfort

The cockroaches at our home decided it was time to transfer to a new dwelling place. From the kitchen, they moved to - guess where - the bathroom.

Once, when we were out of conditioner, I opened the storage cabinet and got the new bottle of conditioner we had. I wasn't wearing my glasses nor my contacts at that time, since I was about to take a bath. I was holding the plastic container, looked at it from all sides, and there it was, a roach, just below my thumb, still so as I wouldn't notice it.

I dropped the bottle and ran from the loo. It was super disgusting to think about roaches crawling on my skin. I experienced that once: it creeped down my legs and I was screaming my head off. Thankfully, ninang Tetet killed it, though my legs were quite itchy afterwards.

Yesterday, my brother was at the loo when he suddenly ran, as if someone with a knife was going for him. He went to me, and said, "BIG COCKROACH! BIG, PREGNANT COCKROACH! AT THE CR!!! EEEWWWW!!!" and after that, roaches would turn up everytime I needed to go to the bathroom.

I'm really dissapointed about the issue; the bathroom's my comfort zone, my haven, the placce where I can eliminate all my worries. And now it's infested with pests which don't even have a single benefit to humankind (well, I heard they taste really good, especially those sold at Thailand's floating market, but that's another issue). I just hope my parents would buy Baygon soon.

No comments:

I miss Blogger

I miss writing. And I obviously am not as good a writer now as I was before because of my laziness. I have a harder time detailing my ideas,...