Friday, August 31, 2007

While in pompoms

Cheerleading practice... how was it? ...It was bull! Come on, I was looking forward to the practice; I wanted to dance. But something wasn't quite right. I got really, really annoyed, so annoyed that I held my middle finger up three times (okay, I know that that is a miniscule projection of irritation, but still - a middle finger is a middle finger, right?).



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


It all started at our warm up exercises. My block mates and I were doing some stretching movements, then we were suddenly asked to do push-ups. No mats, just the hard, cold, dirty, cemented floor. I was quite taken aback by that, but I still did it, and by the 8th push-up, I couldn't take the pain in my wrists; I thought some vein was going to pop if I continue. So I stopped, holding my wrists, obviously hurt. Some of my block mates stopped, too, tired or maybe hurt. But really, some people just don't care, and we were forced to continue on to 20 push-ups!

I was enraged, I wanted to shout out, "Why don't you try doing this so that you know how damn harder it is than it looks?!" but I controlled myself. I didn't want to start a fight, you know. So I just obeyed, and when I was finished, my wrists really hurt. I thought it was going to turn black from an internal hemorrhage.

What a greeaaat way to start our practice, I thought. If this is going to keep up and we keep getting bossed around, well...

Then came the stunts. It wasn't really a practice, it was just some... ideas on how to bring people up from the hands or the shoulders of another. There wasn't a thought out plan of how to make things work when insert-song-title comes up, just some moves and ideas. That was it. It killed our time.

Another thing which killed three-quarters of our time was the dance moves. You know what? Instead of focusing on every step we've done so far, we only got to concentrate on a single 16-step dance move for two hours. What the ef?! Ms. Boss would keep polishing and polishing and polishing until we polished our legs off. Why concentrate on that and that only, when we have more steps to practice?! Come on, really. Honestly!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


HONESTLY!

Alright, so a quarter before 5 PM, we were finished and were discussing about schedules and conflicts, and by this time almost everyone was pissed. No one aside from the leaders was talking anymore, out of annoyance and tiredness. I had to stand up and voice out my opinions, as I felt the need to tell Ms. Boss what I thought.

I did.

In a subtle manner, though.

*Shouts to class and tells Ms. Boss*:
"Aren't we supposed to be practicing stunts today?"
"Why did we keep polishing? We're supposed to learn other moves!"
"Are what we did enough for 4 minutes and 30 seconds of cheerleading?!"

Well, Alfonso/Cha, if you're reading this, might as well tell them how things went as I'm tired. xD

I wasn't crude while I was saying that, mind you. I was keeping all the cool I had left, as most of it seemed to melt with the heat I felt.

Next time, if this happens again... let's see how things work. Muahaha!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments:

I miss Blogger

I miss writing. And I obviously am not as good a writer now as I was before because of my laziness. I have a harder time detailing my ideas,...