Friday, November 09, 2007

Period of adjustment

I notice that I have lots of spelling errors on my posts. I'm embarrassed, but anyway, I won't edit them.

---

I couldn't believe my schedule! It makes me so unbelievably sleepy!!!

Let me elaborate: It all started at Theology, which was at 10:30-12:00 noon. I found it hard to focus with what my prof was saying since he was so... monotonous. Yes, he was lively, but he was on the same level of liveliness all throughout the period, no climax or anything. Plus he didn't challenge us nor ask us questions, he just talked and talked, and it made me a bit drowsy. Plus, you know how time goes when you're bored. Seconds slow to about five or ten times its usual pace. Tick-tock-tick-tock... what, it's only been 30 minutes that he has discussed? But why did it feel like an hour? Oh well, better listen.

But I have to tell you, he's a good educator; I've actually been to one of his talks. I've attended his discussion about Da Vinci Code last year, and I found him the most persuasive and entertaining of all speakers, which is the reason why I'm surprised that I'm incredibly bored at his class. Maybe I'm just not feeling his teaching approach. That's probably it.

So, after Theology, Rai, Jil and I went to KFC to meet up with Pau. We had lunch and enjoyed random talk, and at 1:10 the three of us, along with Pau, went back to Miriam as we were going to have Statistics at 1:30.

Actually, when we were about to leave KFC, Jil had a suggestion. She said, "Kring, why don't we go home?" She was also tired from the Theology class, and having Statistics as our next subject - and after lunch, too - wasn't very, um, stimulating. Well, my Id (haha, Sigmund Freud) suddenly shouted out, "Yes! Yes! Go for it, Kring! You're so damn sleepy anyway! Go accept the offer!" for about 30 seconds I so happily accepted the offer, but Rai put me back to the ground with her refusal. Then my Ego told me, "Come on, Kring, though you don't want to, you have to go to your next class; attendance is a must. You want to get into the dean's list, don't you? You want to get extra credit for attendance, don't you? And don't you have a target average of 4.75-5? And hasn't it been your dream to transfer to UP?" And I thought, oh yeah, damn, I have goals. I forgot. Haha. So, reluctantly, I turned down the offer.

Sooo, Statistics. It was then that I have confirmed that I shouldn't be taking the subject just after eating my lunch. Seriously. I was trying so hard to listen, even asking for chewing gum and super-minty Tictacs just so I could snap out of it and be alert. Actually, I shouldn't be taking gum as I have so many fillings on my teeth and I didn't want to undergo another painful filling session with my dentist. Anyway, going back, putting something on my mouth kind of paid off, as I have absorbed what our prof discussed, but I wasn't ready for my next class, Sociology.

I just couldn't take it anymore. I was sleepy for, what, more than four hours, and I was still going to have another class! Another 1 hour and 30-minute class! But I had to bear with it, I really need to have good grades, and there isn't any harm on listening, right? So off I went to Sociology.

I knew I needed to take in every bit of detail my Sociology prof says because, as what I've heard, her tests are difficult and are composed of questions which you don't expect to be there.

Given three circumstances: 1. Our prof had a soft voice, 2. My permanent seat at her class is at the third row, and 3. That it was raining hard a while ago, I had a bit of a difficulty hearing her, especially when she gives emphasis on some things, since when she does, she lowers her voice and makes this I'm-going-to-tell-you-a-secret kind of face. I'll be all, huh? What did she say? But overall, I've got the topic pretty well.

And going home was so fun! It was raining hard and Jil, Rai, and I had to walk a long way to get to the tricycle station near KFC. There were lots of puddles, some of which we couldn't avoid, so my feet got real wet under my shoes, and when I walk my shoes go squeek-squeek under my feet, like I'm stepping on a wet sponge, which is disgusting. Oh well, that's nature.

I'm sleepy. It's only quarter to 11 but my eyes are going to fall off its sockets.

---

BTW, before I end this, I have to commit something to memory.

Mom left for England yesterday. She's going to have a two-week vacation there and will be touring France and Rome, too. Wrong timing - my brother, Bryan, got sick of fever and I was left to decide whether he'd be attending his field trip the next day, which is today (dad couldn't decide that he was in America and I had no means of communicating with him, but he's coming home now). When I came to bed he was all, Ate Kring, will I be attending the field trip? Could I, please? And would just reply, let's see, Bryan, if you get well enough. Occasionally he'd wake up and ask me if it was already morning. It was all just hard on me, since Bryan's the type who is very fond of going outdoors, but he was also prone to sickness.

Then, at midnight, our maids entered the room to give Bryan his medicine, and he was just so frustrated as our maids emphasized that he was sick and would not attend the field trip if he will still be at the morning. When they left, he suddenly turned his back towards me and cried. I was sad to see him cry, especially since he's a tough boy who rarely cried. I consoled him but he was angry and kept saying, you guys just don't want me to attend the field trip! Last year I wasn't able to attend, too! And I told him, what if mom were here, do you think she would allow you? He answered, yeah! (He's very stubborn when he's mad) I explained things to him yet he wouldn't listen, convinced that we wouldn't let him join just because we didn't want him to.

A few minutes later, he asked, do you think I could get well now?! At this time?! And I didn't understand. He had the whole night to make his condition better, didn't he? Then he said, it's alread five in the morning! Oh, all right, I get it. I told him, "Bryan, it's just midnight," then he kept silent. I went out of the room to pee, then when I got back, he was asleep again. Apparently the reason why he was enraged was because he just thought it was already 5 AM.

At 4:30 AM, I woke him up and told him to get ready. He asked whether I was going to let him attend the field trip and I told him, yes, it's okay. And he was happy.

I figured that it'd be okay since Bryan is happy being outdoors, and with the company of his classmates it'll be a lot better. After all, if I let him stay at home he's just going to be mad with all of us and will get even sicker. So, at this time of the night, he's already sleeping, and though he still has fever, he's back to his active self again.

No comments:

I miss Blogger

I miss writing. And I obviously am not as good a writer now as I was before because of my laziness. I have a harder time detailing my ideas,...