Saturday, September 29, 2007

For the name of grades

Finals are coming next week, so I might as well study now.

Dad wants to remove our internet access as my brothers got very low marks in their report cards. Imagine, my super-smart brother, Kyle, got a 77 in Science, and the subject even is his forte! And Bryan, well... he got two failing marks: one in English (72) and one in Math (74).

I could not believe this. Well, Bryan really does have a problem regarding his academics, but I swear, he doesn't even touch the computer. Kyle, on the other hand, couldn't take his hands off of the computer. He's seriously addicted, and it isn't funny. He spends much of his time playing internet games, going to Neopets and the likes, and whenever mom would ask him what he's doing, he'd open a new window and say that he's doing his "research" Seeing that he got very low marks, mom now knows that he was just making excuses.

Couldn't my brothers just stop playing every once in a while and focus on their studies? I know they're really smart, but they're... okay, we're just too damn lazy to start with anything. If there's one enemy we have, it's sloth. But I have to study, now, as mom told me just this week, "Kring, sana makita na namin grades mo para matuwa naman kami ni daddy (Kring, we hope to see your grades soon so that your dad and I have something to be happy about)" Sad.

---

Last Thursday, my H-101 group mates and I went to Sandra's house to interview her mom. Her mom's dad is involved in the Martial Law, and that seems to be the thing we needed for our History report.

We had our lessons first, and I passed the portfolio I made for MCCISR (Miriam College Culture, Identity, and Social Responsibility), which took me about five hours to make the night before(procrastination is so fun), and we were dismissed at 3:00, since History had a free cut.

Before going to Sandra's house, Carla, Ange, Molly, and I went to Carla's house first. I don't know why we did, but I was so enthrilled to see Baby Belle. Belle is Carla's daughter, and she is honestly the cutest thing I have ever seen.

Carla and Belle... aww. They look much like each other, don't they?Ü

Belle is just the sweetest thing

Both Ange and Belle are cute and cuddly xD

Belle wants Mama to read a book

And she's playing the PSP! Goodness, it's pink!

And I just find Belle smart, she's only two, I think, but she speaks good English. Aside from that, she expresses her thoughts well.

Belle: *accidentally puts water on her pajamas*
Carla's mom: Oh my, Belle,
we're going to change your clothes.
Belle: Yucky.
Carla: Who's yucky?
Belle: Baby Belle.

Sweet.Ü Belle said a lot more smart stuff, but I forgot what they are. Too bad. Dear, when I'm going to have a baby, I want one as adorable and smart as Belle. :D

After a few minutes, we left the house and went to McDonalds, as Sandra said that that would be our meeting palce. When we arrived, we went to Sandra's house, which is in Pasig. We had quite a long trip.

Sandra's house is so beautiful! It has a warm atmosphere and an earthy vibe. There are lots of antiques and the place is very clean. It was there that we met Tita, Sandra's mom: she's a very friendly, very sweet woman. She hugs and kisses Sandra all the time we were there! It was real funny, but I was ashamed that I laughed. I mean, come on, Kring, it's embarrassing to laugh just because a mother is showing her affection for her daughter. And Sandra was just flushed with discomfiture.

Before starting the interview, we were given a special treat: pizza!

My pizza! It's really big, I was full by the time I finished my first. I took a second helping anyway. Hah, glutton.

S&R pizza. It's huge. I know that this big of a pizza is common in other countries, but it isn't in the Philippines.

After eating, my group mates and I talked about random things like Carla and Pancho (the lovely parents of Belle), cockroaches, our block mates, and other things. Then we went to the living room to start with the interview.

My group mates (from the left): Elisha, Abigail, Ange, Carla, and Molly. Where's Sandra?

The interview started, and Tita talked about all she knew on the Martial Law. I listened intently and learned new things, and how Marcos had earned an estimated $100 Billion during his reign. Corrupt man, I tell you. Then she gave us some information regarding what she knew, like the secrets of the Martial Law and what the general mass doesn't know.

After the interview and some goofing around ("We would like to thank our sponsors, S&R pizza, Coke, Heinz, Parmesan Cheese, etc!"), mom called me and told me that we'd meet at SM Hypermart so that I wouldn't have to commute home, since it was already 7:00 in the evening, and it's dangerous to commute at this time when you're alone.

Carla dropped me off at the walkway, so I went to Hypermart and waited for mom. When she arrived, we went home and talked about lots of things at the car.

Mom said that she was being offered a job of being a store manager at Australia, and she's thinking about working there. That being said, there might be a possibility that we're going to migrate. And I don't want to.

Philippines is my home. No matter how dirty or dangerous it is here, I've learned the ways and laws by which we abide. I love the food, the culture, the weather, the jokes, everything. If we move to Australia, I'm going to have a hard time adjusting, and it'll be lonely, as my relatives are staying here, so we'd have no one to visit to, to make us laugh, and to give us a hell of a good time on Sundays. :(

---

By the way, last Wednesday, our block was dismissed early - 10:30 AM - since we didn't have Filipino. I thought I was going to come home early, but I was wrong.

Jil withdrew money since she and Pau (her lovee) would be seeing each other, and since she had money... (*evil smirk*)

(*We're walking, then we come near KFC)
Me: Jil.
Jil: ...
Me: Jil, you still owe me something, you know that.
Jil: ...
(*We're outside KFC)
Me: Jil... I'm hungry... remember when you told me that you were going to
pay me back when I accompanied you to Robinsons?
Jil: ...
Jil: Okay, Rai, Kring, let's eat at KFC. What do you guys want? My treat.
Rai: (*Disbelief) Kring, I couldn't believe you!

So Jil treated us to lunch, and I just couldn't help but be embarrassed with what I did (thank uoi, Raizza, for making me feel that way). All the time we were in KFC, I was extra nice to Jil.

I love you, Jil. :D

Yummy. I was starving by the time I was eating this.

The three of us spent, I think, two to three hours talking about anything and everything, and I had a great time sharing my stories and listening to theirs. I couldn't believe that I could easily open to them. Aw, Jil and Rai are just great.Ü

After that, Pau arrived. Finally! Jil was hungry 'coz she waited for Pau so that they could eat together.

Jil and Pau!Ü They're going to celebrate their fourth anniversary next month.Ü

Rai and I were laughing our heads off as Jil and Pau were so funny when they were together. Lol, I hope we could bond like this again.Ü

So, that concludes my post. It's real long, and like I said, I still have to study. I wish I woud. -_- Au revoir!

No comments:

I miss Blogger

I miss writing. And I obviously am not as good a writer now as I was before because of my laziness. I have a harder time detailing my ideas,...