Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Barrio fiesta and drunk men

Strange, suddenly my grandfather's all better now. He's strong again! Whoa. He recounted the story to everyone back in Cagayan de Oro, but he skipped the part about his secret, as he always did. Actually, it was only my aunt whom he have told of it.

I'm happy. This is a great day :]]

What makes it all the more happier is that I just found a way to transfer all the multimedia from my phone to the PC, so I could place my pics heeerrre! Yahoo! I could finally share my life through photograph! XD

Anyway, the school had a Barrio Fiesta yesterday. Barrio Fiesta is when we ourselves cook food from the island we're assigned on. My group was assigned to Visayas.

What we prepared:





Adobong Dilaw (Marinated chicken meat seasoned with vinegar, garlic, soy sauce, and spices, only that this one's color... yellow.)



Lumpiang hubad, or, in english, naked spring roll.


Bocarillo, dessert.


Maja Blanca with corn, another dessert.

Yummy. I love our food presentation :)


Of course, there were many other groups which had Philippine foods from different islands, so catching the attention of a customer can be pretty hard.Ü

But before food was served, some sections performed dances from the different tribes of the Philippines.

Bicolanos performing a dance on courtship


Igorots of the Cordillera region

Uh... I didn't catch the name of this tribe. :( All I know is that they use bamboos.


Leyte tribe performing the Tinikling. This is not the Philippine national dance. Miriam College said it was. *rolls eyes* FYI, Miriam, the national dance is Cariñosa.

Well, after that, it was eating time! XD

I dressed up my jeans, tee, and sarong in the comfort room, and when I got back, my group mates were a bit surprised coz...



...Molly and I were wearing the same thing.ö (Yes, I'm back to my awkward stage. Pfft. SUCKS!)


Anyway, I served food for a while (the Maja Blanca and Adobong Dilaw was in a big, big demand), but seeing people eating all the delicious food made me hungry. So I left my group and went around the gym, picking out which to eat.

After going round the gym. Gosh, this is so exciting.Ü


Oh, look, there's Barney! Sir Ringo! I see he has so much on his plate.


After eating... I'm so friggin' full. I'm telling you.

Wooh! At about 11:30 AM we were done. I dressed back to my school uniform, but before leaving, I saw this girl whom... I'm not in good terms with. I was like, Oh God, please don't make me talk to her. I just want her to leave me alone. Thankfully, she didn't bother talking to me.

Got home early and proceeded to learning HTML. Crap, I need to make my own skins now.

BTW, here are the videos of my drunk uncles!!!


Ninong Joji. Haha. Sorry bout the low quality of the vid.


This one's hilarious. Ninong Ipoy is a very silent type when he's sober, but now that he's drunk... all hell breaks loose. XD

No comments:

I miss Blogger

I miss writing. And I obviously am not as good a writer now as I was before because of my laziness. I have a harder time detailing my ideas,...