Sunday, September 09, 2007

My cool parents

Woah. Could you believe that my mom used to be part of a fraternity??? Other than that, she also experienced those bloody initiation rites - for heaven's sake, she was paddled! And after paddling her, she was beaten up, slapped on the face (for so many times, she recounted), and when the first initiation rite was finished, she had big, inhumane bruises over her legs and arms. She was then given a recovery time. When she got well, she was paddled, beaten up, and slapped again. Recovery time. Then again. After the third initiation, she was already considered a senior member of that fraternity, but she never, never attended any of the meetings. Ever.

Wow, I never thought mom would be that cool. Well, cool in a way that she was once a rebellious teenager. Coz most parents nowadays act as if they were germ-free and compliant when they were young, getting upset over the smallest things their kids do. But now, knowing that my mom was a lonely, deranged girl back in college, I'm thinking that the reason why parents are such is because they don't want their children to commit the same mistakes that they have done when they were at our age.

Oh, and dad? Well, I'm not sure about dad, but based on the stories I hear, he was an indecent kid back at his elementary and high school years. Indecent 'coz... he cheated during tests. He was also a wild, crazy prankster (well, up to now he still is). Besides that, he'd also get very drunk. Tita Baby said that, whenever my dad's drunk, he'd come over to her place and hang out there along with his brother-slash-drinking-buddy. And at what age was he doing this? Fourteen. Hah, that's my dad. :))

Cool parents. I love them.


5 comments:

Jill said...

Yayy, Tita Indai and Uncle Ken!

My mom was the perfect teenager. Haha, you're a lucky one.

Anonymous said...

Haha. Sikat si Ninang Ging dati, diba? :D

Jill said...

Perfect student, nakakaasar, haha. Nanalo daw ng poetry contest and member ng school newspaper and maraming manliligaw but she turned them down. Tapos daw, palaging naglilinis ng bahay and tumutulong kay lola. Goodness! Hahaha

Anonymous said...

Baka nananaginip lang siya ng gising, haha :D well, does it put pressure on you?ö

Jill said...

She does! Pero palagi siyang "Wag ka kasing magstress, nagkakapimples ka tuloy!" Tapos, she'll just bug me about college and the SATs and how I should be studying more blah blah. It's like "Ano ba talaga?!" Hahaha.

I miss Blogger

I miss writing. And I obviously am not as good a writer now as I was before because of my laziness. I have a harder time detailing my ideas,...